TubTight: Product Review
TubTight: Product Review – In this video Cindy, PT with Adaptive Equipment Corner reviews a product call the TubTight. The TubTight is a very good product for very specific circumstances. Please check out further details at https://www.tubtight.com
Here is a link for the Carex shower chair featured in this video: https://amzn.to/2YLO9tF (affiliate link)
- form of a tub transfer bench, which sits outside of the tub
- clamps to the outside of the tub
- improves safety by eliminating having to step over the side of the tub
- well constructed with weight limit of 600#
- allows shower curtain to fully close, keeping water inside the tub
- adjustable seat height from 18″ to 22″
- can be used on either left or right facing tubs by reversing backrest
Things to consider:
- to be used on non-fiberglass tubs only
- shower chair not included
- shower chair seat should be flat, not curved upward on edges due to potential of tipping
- caution needs to be taken if fully sliding across TubTight to shower chair due to gap
- sidewall of tub needs to measure between 7.5″ to 17″ high and between 3″ to 7″ wide (thick)
- You must have at least 16″ of clearance between the outer tub wall and toilet or sink
- Consider height of the outside wall verses inside wall of tub as follows when using shower chair:
How to measure for a shower chair to use with a TubTight:
(TubTight Seat Height Adjusts from 18″ to 22″)
A. Measure OUTSIDE of tub wall height
B. Measure INSIDE of tub wall height
C. (A – B = height difference)
D. Measure shower chair seat at lowest level
E. (C + D = Height of TubTight seat to make both seats equal heights) This result should fall within the range of 18″-22″
(Outside) 16″ – (Inside) 12″ = 4″ difference
17″ (Lowest level of shower chair)
+ 4″ (Height difference)
21″ (Which falls within TubTight seat height range of 18″ to 22″)
Sign up for our AECorner NEWSLETTER by clicking HERE
Have a product you would like AECorner to review?
Leave us a message on our Contact page by clicking HERE
Need more information from Adaptive Equipment Corner?
Still have more questions? Leave us a message on our Contact page by clicking HERE
Find us on Facebook at:
How did AECorner come to be?
One of our goals at Adaptive Equipment Corner is to raise public awareness of all types of adaptive equipment available. Therefore, as therapist we have witnessed the life-altering changes the right piece of equipment can mean for an individual’s independence.
What is a Featured Product?
All of our videos highlight a featured product that will bring viewers a sense of independence. Besides raising public awareness, our videos train the viewer on the correct techniques for using the product safely. Additionally, each video includes a written form of all verbal instructions the viewer may need to use the product safely. Therefore, please contact us if you have additional questions. Leave us a message on our Contact page or click HERE.
How is the Featured Product page set up?
First of all, we listed all product videos by room such as kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. Also, we listed equipment by functionality such as mobility, dressing, and daily living.
How to Use Featured Product Pages:
Now, let’s find the video featuring your product. It’s easy! To begin, look at the top of the page for “AECorner’s Featured Products”. Next, click on the name of the room or the kind of product you want to learn about. Finally, click on the picture of the product. As a result, clicking on the picture will redirect you to that an affiliate page.
These videos are for informational purposes only. We recommend that you consult with your physician and local physical or occupational therapist to be evaluated for your adaptive equipment needs.